1) Sit in a quiet place and focus on your breathing.
2) Take stock in your life and think of two simple questions to ask your all-knowing resource.
3) Now imagine yourself in a sacred space- a garden, the beach, the mountains, the woods, a cabin. Really sense everything about the space- sights, sounds, temperature, smells. Are you sitting or standing? What’s above you, below you, around you?
4) Once you feel safe and peaceful, ask your Higher Self to come into your space.
5) Take note of who or what shows up. This is how your Higher Self is showing itself to you today. This may change as you get to know this part of yourself.
6) Ask your first question. The answer is what happens next and it may come as spoken word, images, sounds, colors, emotions, sensations or an inner knowing. Even if you don’t understand it now, you may interpret it later. It may come while interacting with a person, reading something in a book or observing nature during your day.
7) Ask the second question and wait for the response.
8) Now thank your Higher Self for communicating with you and slowly start coming back into conscious awareness.
9) Write down or draw your experiences in your journal or notebook
10) Do this exercise a few times a week. Ask further questions to begin to understand the dialogue and relationship between you and your Divine Self. This is your best friend and teacher, who will never steer you wrong.